- Create a new repository named username.gitlab.io, where username is your username on GitLab. If you have already uploaded to other repo, rename the repo instead.
- Enable Shared Runners via
Settings -> CI / CD -> Shared Runners.
- Push the files of your Hexo folder to the repository. The
public/folder is not (and should not be) uploaded by default, make sure the
public/line. The folder structure should be roughly similar to this repo.
.gitlab-ci.ymlfile to your repo (alongside _config.yml & package.json) with the following content:
image: node:10-alpine # use nodejs v10 LTS
- username.gitlab.io should be up and running, once GitLab CI finishes the deployment job,
- (Optional) If you wish to inspect the generated site assets (html, css, js, etc), they can be found in the job artifact.
If you prefer to have a project page on GitLab:
- Go to
Settings -> General -> Advanced -> Change path. Change the value to a name, so the website is available at username.gitlab.io/name. It can be any name, like blog or hexo.
- Edit _config.yml, change the
- Commit and push.